Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just my luck...

Hi all!
  As you all know, I got a Scottish virus the first night I was here and I have been bedridden ever since. Julie got me some lycozade in hopes that it would make me feel better, but it didn't. Lycozade is a bitter-sweet tasting drink that is supposed to give you energy; Julie said that when she was a little kid her mother used to give it to her when she was sick. The other day I went to the doctor (if that's what you want to call it). It was a clinic that had many different wings and was apparently only for foreigners. Initially, they were not going to treat me because I didn't have an international student card. However, Kevan and his wife (sweetest people EVER) took care of it for me and even offered for me to stay at their home if I wasn't feeling better. Oh, and Kevan let me sit in the front seat of his car on the way to the doctor...this whole backwards road system is so cool!

We were hoping that this would only be a 24 hour thing, but unfortunately it was not. I wish I had some cool pictures to post, but unfortunately my only view for these past few days has been a white wall in my hotel room.

I really appreciate all the love and support from the community! Those of you who have been writing on my facebook wall or texting me: you have no idea how good it made me feel to know that I have all of your support even though I am overseas. I love our little Pre-Med family :)

It looks as though I will be flying back to Connecticut tomorrow so I can see my doctors and figure out what is going on with me before things get worse. I feel so guilty because I feel like I wasted this great experience, though it was completely out of my control.

Once again, thank you all for your support and I will be seeing you sooner than later!


P.S. DON'T FORGET TO ENROLL IN CLASSES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE...hehe

Love,
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment